Subject: Re: [DNA] Dooley Surname DNA Project
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:40:03 EDT

I have to agree this results has also puzzled me. There has always been the
thought that Thomas 1735 could possibly have been a cousin, but the other
Moses line is pretty well documented (unless there was an "in family"
adoption which we are unaware of) so I assumed this was a probably mutation.
It sure gives us another possibility to look at, doesn't it? Thanks for all
of your support.
Joy

writes:

> I'm musing about the way the results fell out for your D2 and D3 group,
> which
> differed by one step in locus 12 (one of Family Tree DNA's proprietary
> loci).
> Moses shows up in both D2 (coming through sample #548 with a repeat length
> of
> 6) and D3 (through samples #557 and #552 with a repeat length of 7).
>
> Looking at your page with family lines, it seems like you'd have to have
> two
> rare events for this to happen, Thomas 1735 switching to a 6, and one of
> Moses' children also switching to a 6. An alternative explanation would be
> that sample #548 actually ties in to Thomas 1735's line.

This thread: