From: Jennifer Godwin <>
Subject: [DNA] Mitochondrial Meaning?
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 23:35:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all -- I'm trying to decipher that mitochondrial
concordance, but no dice. Help!

As I understand it, count out where your mutations and
then add 16 to the front of that number. So. I have a
cytosine substitution at 126, a thymine at 294, a
thymine at 296 and another cytosine at 304.

My clan is Tara. (My scanner isn't working, but my
star is in the top branch at the center of the second
branch point.

So, anyway, would my haplotype (?) be...

16126C
16294T
16296T
16304C

Right?

And more importantly, what does that *mean* in terms
of the concordance?

~jen

=====
JENNIFER GODWIN