From: "Bonner, Gregg" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Stumbling Blocks in Study
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:37:05 -0500

Hi Lisa,

I think the suggestion of pooling resources to test a good "target" was a
good one. There should be some number of people who really are interested,
and should be able to fork over their 1/20 (or whatever) share of the total
cost.

As far as privacy, etc., I think you are going to find it very difficult to
overcome paranoia with rational arguments. My best guess is that your time
will be better served finding an equilvalent testee.

And I think I can safely say that molecular genealogy is hardly going to
remove all mystery. I can't say that your case is demonstrative, but I can
say that when someone says that they "are not really interested in proving
what they know", I can not help but wonder if that is not translatable as "I
am not very careful in my documentation, and I am in no hurry to have
someone demonstrate to me unambiguously that my pedigree is patently false."

Cheers,

Gregg