Subject: Re: [DNA] Clann MAC TAMHAIS (Mac Tavish / Thompson)
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 22:38:02 EST

Dunardry is a very nice person, and very approachable. As your husband is a
clan member, why not have him speak to the Chief?

As an aside, I note that Clan Urquhart is also participating in a program,
though through Oxford Ancestors. Clan MacDonald was planning participating,
though I do not know if they followed through.

Glen
Captain Glen Cook of Kingerly

In a message dated 1/2/2002 10:04:35 AM Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

> FYI --- since we're a genalogy site and a DNA findings one as well, I
> thought you'd like to read the following
> excerpt from my husband's clan chief - Dugald MacTavish - on the history &
> modern day phenomenon of finding a qualified male heir for CLANN
> MacTAMHAIS. Wouldn't a family study using his DNA markers as a basis for
> kinship be interesting...? If any of you are connected to this clan or
> septs listed below perhaps contacting Chief Dugald would interest him in
> having a DNA profile done. After all, how often does anyone get the chance
> to obtain DNA markers from a known male descendant in a bloodline that goes
> back more than 26 unbroken generations? To me, this is really intriguing.

This thread: