From: "Allan S. Gleason" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: eye colour and racial descent
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:27:35 -0700

Know what you mean Janet. My family was already here when Elis Island was still an
island, not an institution.

My eyes are brown, my mother's eyes were brown, my father's eyes were brown. So far
as I know, their parent's eyes were brown. My wife's eyes are blue - what chance
did she have? My son's eyes are brown. One son married a Chippewa and my resulting
beautiful grandchildren have brown eyes! Surprised?

My third son has a brand new daughter with dark blue eyes. His wife is blue eyed.
I see this granddaughter as having a 25% chance of being blue eyed - otherwise she
will be just as brown eyed as the rest of us.

More importantly, have you noticed that everyone on TV has blue eyes? Some of them
even seem to glow! I find it most distracting. Does everyone in New York have blue
eyes and everyone in California outside of Hollywood have brown?

Ann, you're a Californian, take a look in the mirror and tell us what color your
eyes are.

Allan