From: "Allan S. Gleason" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] How/Why to plan study
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:32:32 -0700

Hi Norman,
With a family organization already established, you shouldn't have any problems at all getting started with a DNA study since usually the problem is finding donors. Probably the first thing to do which has been mentioned many times before on this list would be for you to go to Chris Pomery's web site where he lists the
100 or so family studies and their web sites. With each site he also mentions the name of the laboratory where the analysis is being performed.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~allpoms/genetics1a.html

Also you could browse and/or search this List's archives for information (other than eye color and bone formations). There is a lot of good stuff presented by a number of knowledgeable people. For starters you might search our list administrator, Ann Turner's postings and branch out from there. You can find the link
to the archive at:

Jordan, very interesting. Have never run into that surname in 1600's New England, Watertown, etc. Do you know where the Reverend first settled? Salem, perhaps, or on up into New Hampshire?

Allan