From: Bill McCeney <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA Test Result Matches Between Different Surnames
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:56:10 -0500

Ken,

The results are indicating that "(1) they are descended from a common ancestor
many generations ago before surnames were adopted".

The information that I have compiled from web sites and emails shows that Graves
(1339, 1367, 1391, 1454) are a 12/12 match with Bell (301), and Graves (1438) is a
12/12 match with Lancelot Roper.

Graves, Bell, and Roper are thought to be English names that evolved from a
profession. These families probably shared an ancestor prior to 1400AD.

Your thoughts?

Bill McCeney