From: "Sandi" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Native American DNA
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 19:31:04 -0800

Hi, every time I read something of this nature, I can't help but wonder if
new technology was carried by migrating bands of people or if it was
specific technology carried by a very few people, traders perhaps, who moved
freely across enormous distances, unemcumbered by wives, children, dogs,
etc. Somewhat like the French trappers who moved across Canada and down into
the United States, bringing their DNA and their technology but leaving no
trace other than that. This sort of movement is extremely difficult to
trace. For years there has been talk of Chinese junks landing on the
California coast. What did they bring? DNA? The ability to cast bells?
Have fun proving any of it. Sandy