From: Bill Caddell <>
Subject: [DNA] DNA Database
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:55:32 -0600

John,

I have a master database for CADELL and its variations. I am
in contact with hundreds of members of its various family
lines worldwide and have been compiling genealogies on
these. I am very interested in your dna database.

Background:

The various family lines point of origin (at least by year
1000 AD) appears to be in the area SE France/NW Italy and NE
Spain.

They migrated to the area that became England, Wales,
Ireland and Scotland. It is currently identifed as a sept of
the clan Campbell of Cawdor in Scotland. However, it was a
prestigious family before the Campbells took over its
holdings in the early 1500s. Some of my early Scotland
research is at "http://www.castles.org/Chatelaine/CALDER.HTM";.

I'm sure I can acquire many participants for your study.

Please advise.

Bill Caddell

This thread: