From: "Allan S. Gleason" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New AMH Nomenclature
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:06:15 -0700

Thanks Patrick,
I've downloaded the YCC chart and I already had Underhill's papers in my virtually
overwhelming virtual library. I think I have plenty of homework, now, to keep me
out of trouble. Both charts appear pretty complicated - with your explanations
below and if I read the texts (sound out the words) maybe I can see how they relate.

In his more recent paper, (Ann. Hum. Genet. (2001), 65, 43-62), Underhill presents a
list of his "M" numbers, their positions and including their primers in the
appendix. Do at least some of these relate to our common garden variety DYS names?
For example if I dug out the location of DYS-abc would it be at the same location in
bp in Underhill's paper such that M-def and DYS-abc are one and the same marker?
Thanks again,
Allan