From: "Steven J. Zuraff" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Promoting your project
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:25:14 -0800

Allan,
I'm referring to Augusta County, Virginia at the southern (upper) end of the
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. It was settled primarily by Scotch-Irish
immigrants, including several Wilson families. Prior to about 1772, it
included adjoining counties such as Rockbridge, Rockingham, Highland, Bath,
and Pendleton (now in WV). It's original boundaries even extended west to
the Mississippi River.
Steve