From: "Richard McGregor" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Oxford Ancestors: PAUPLIN Y-Line
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:26:16 +0100

Dear Yves

These are exactly the same as my 10 from Oxford Ancestors. Because it
seemed that those 10 were not going
to give sufficient discrimination I had my DNA tested by FtDNA in the US to
obtain more
marker results. The core results [ie 7 of the markers] which are used for
the 'Y-STR database' will show that you
match at least 134 others on those markers [out of 9000+]. You don't have
DYS 385 a and b [which FtDNA use in their 12 marker test and is the 8th
marker in the Y-STR database] - therefore you would show more than 134
matches Your results show are one mutation away from the 'Atlantic Modal
Haplotype' as I am. Mark Grace would add you to his 'Tribe X' on this
basis.

Richard