From: "Kay Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 12 marker-tell if 2 males cousins have same father--try again
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 12:58:53 -0500

Gordon and Everyone else,

First, thanks to those of you who are sharing your DNA and your family stories - these are helping me so much in understanding this new tool we have!

In this particular instance, wouldn't a perfect match be reason to investigate? Gordon, in your family, with your Richard DNA showing up in Boone and Leighton families, would it not be worth the paper investigation to see if you can find out what actually did happen there? Children often took the name of a step-father, with no legal action involved - as well as all the other possible circumstances. That looks like a great mystery to be solved to me. Would it not be a certain enough connection (within the last ten generations or so)? Aren't those Boone's and Leighton's definite biological relatives?

Thanks,

Kay