From: I & R Guertin <>
Subject: [DNA] Do daughters inherit any paternal genetic markers of significance?
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:05:23 -0700

I've read that the father passes along the Y-chromosomal DNA to son and
the mother passes the mitochondrial to daughter and to son (with the
son's going no further); however, is their any paternal DNA of
significance passed to the daughter?

My great-grandfather married three times and many of his female
descendants from all 3 marriages have inherited several of the same
physical traits from the paternal line--where we resemble each other in
appearance. What paternal DNA is being passed along to result in this?

Appreciate any feedback.

Iris Rose Guertin

This thread: