From: "Richard Hite" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Variety in haplogrops
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:14:04 -0500

I think my question was generally misunderstood from the responses I've
seen. (Maybe I had another typo, that's waht I get for posting messages so
late at night). I was asking about variety in haplogroups, not haplotypes.
We actually produced far more than five separate haplotypes in the 17
samples and that was no surprise. What surprised me was the diversity in
haplogroups. We have had participants who were from HG1, HG2, HG3, HG4/21,
and HG35. That's what I was asking about. Has anyone else encountered that
wide a variety in haplogroups?

Richard