From: "Ernest Hurst" <>
Subject: [DNA] AncestrybyDNA results
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:00:02 -0500

Yesterday I received the results of this test. I had gambled on the hope that the test would show some trace of an allegedly full blooded Cherokee 3rd great grandmother and a 4th great grandfather that was listed as "mulatto" on 1785 & 90 tax rolls. I gambled and lost - the test came back as 100% European.

I just wanted to let everyone know that this test probably can not reliably "detect" anything much past a single 2nd great grandparent of a different group, due to the 5% "margin of error". If you do not have a good "paper trail" history of numerous ancestors before that level, of a different group, you should probably save your money, at this time. Possibly the accuracy will improve as the technology matures.

Ernie Hurst

This thread: