From: "Ernest Hurst" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] AncestrybyDNA results
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:32:07 -0500

Bill

Thanks for the response. I have done a lot of reading the last few years on
the so called Melungeons and all of the controversy about who they really
were and where they came from. There might be some connection because my
ancestors in question were from, or lived in, Southwest Virginia and East
Tennessee in the same general area as the "Historical Melungeons". I know
there was a "Melungeon DNA Study" conducted but they are being real
secretive about the results, and even the prerequisites to participate in
the study. I'll check out Kevin's site & see if he has anything new on this.

Ernie