From: Ola N <>
Subject: RE:[DNA] AncestrybyDNA test. Who's it for?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:55:22 -0800 (PST)

On 15 Jan 2003 at 20:51, Erica Stewart wrote:

"I haven't had the Ancestry by DNA test, but the mtDNA
test showed a 2/3 match with the motif for Haplogroup
C, Native American, which answered once and for all
the family question about whether my grandmother was
European or not."

May I ask what a 2/3 match means? What defines the
haplogroup C motif, and how does it compare to yours?

Does this mean you think your grandmother was, or was
not NA?

Thank you.