From: "Aileen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA Haplogroup Database
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:42:39 -0600

I agree with Barbara. I think most of us know that the results on the REO
page are not "gospel" but some do come from a paper trail, which is helpful.
Plus, since the information is provided by the people who have been tested,
about their
ancestor's country of origin - whether through documented information or
oral tradition, it is, at least, closer than 10,000 years ago. I am more
interested in seeking the genealoical apsect of dna. I am more interested
in finding my roots during the years of the history of our world as we know
it and not so much as during our iceman or caveman ancestor's world.
Finding my Haplogroup is not only fascinating and exciting it is also
important to me but, right now, my priority is trying to find my ancestors
as far back as surnames go. Why can't we have both pages?

Aileen
Genealogist drive in the PAST lane.