From: "Bonner, Gregg" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Williams
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 12:43:09 -0500

It is not terribly surprising. I know I wouldn't take on a JONES project.

Nevertheless, I strongly encourage someone to do it. I have probably, uhm,
maybe 5 or so pretty solid cases of Williams descent, at least. The most
obvious being that of my dad's mom, who was born a Williams. I could
probably round up an appropriate descendant from present day Bedford County,
TN, or Jackson County, OK, and even pay for their test, if needed. I am
rather at an impasse with this group, as I have them to the 1850 census, and
the (Bedford) courthouse was destroyed TWICE between (about) that time and
(about) the end of the Civil War. I need SOME type of help with them.

From the census:
1. Surnamed WILLIAMS
2. Born in Virginia

...that's a pretty big haystack.

Cheers,

Gregg

> It looks to me that there simply is no project. Perhaps you
> should start one.
> Roy

This thread: