Subject: Re: [DNA] Widening the search window a bit to 23/25
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:46:32 EST

In a message dated 3/15/03 1:26:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> >I also had a 12/12 match with an unrelated JOHNSTON. When he upgraded the
> >match became 22/25. What is the value of a surname match and DNA results
> of
> >
> >22/25? Any ideas welcomed.
> >

> Those are being counted as matches in the LINDSAY study. There are several
>
> who have the documented evidence to support a relationship and have three,
> one-step mutations.
> Julia

Hi Julia,

That brings up an interesting conundrum. I differ from my real, biological,
cousin by 2 at DYS 388 but the Johnston who matches me 22/25 only matches him
21/25 and one of those differences is by a value of 2. If I use 22 as a
cutoff point I'm related to both but they are not related to each other.
Years ago I used a signature line, "Nobody said it was going to be easy."

Grant W. Johnston, Chico, CA

This thread: