From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: [DNA] Ancestry test - a must-read article URL
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:35:29 -0700 (PDT)

Ray: If you wish to see a triangle plot where the confidence bands wrap tightly around the MLE in someone with 10% Native American, please see that for my mother - in - law on Dave Roper's site at www.roperld.com/DNAPrint.htm. Why her profile is so different from that of my cousin with 11% Native American, who has confidence bands which traverse about equally along the Native American and East Asian sides of the triangle is a mystery to me.

David.

Raymond Whritenour <> wrote:

Roberta:

You have a 10% NA test result, and you say that your confidence bands DO
NOT reach 0%.
You have got to be the only person on this list with such tight
confidence intervals around the MLE.

NONE of your 3 confidence bands ever hits 0%?

Ray Whritenour