From: "Mary Harkey Russell" <>
Subject: [DNA] Re:Pocahontas
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:53:39 -0500

Now I'm confused again. Since Pocahontas had only one child and that child
was Thomas Rolfe-- she didn't have any daughters to pass on her mtDNA nor
any female linear relatives?
Thomas Rolfe had one daughter Jane, who had one son, but then that son
had lots of descendants and many people are someway related to Pocahontas
through him.
Mary