From: OrinWells <>
Subject: [DNA] African-American DNA
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:21:51 -0700

Has anyone run a project where the participants were primarily African
American and not believed to have had a white ancestor up the tree? I am
wondering what the patterns look like.

We have had our first African American Wells tested and while he did not
match any of the Wells families, he came pretty close (4 misses) on two
lines and two individuals we have not been able to place so far.

What I am wondering is if there is anything among the markers used by
Relative Genetics (or Family Tree DNA where they match Relative Genetics)
that would hint at a "recent" African origin (as opposed to European) for
the male line?

Orin R. Wells
Wells Family Research Association
P. O. Box 5427
Kent, Washington 98064-5427
<>
http://www.wells.org
Subscribe to the "Wells-L" list on RootsWeb

This thread: