From: "David Willis" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DAR
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:14:11 -0700

A DAR application was submitted in 1940 for one of my male "Willis"
ancestor's brothers. The application was full of errors, but the DAR
approved it anyway. There was no evidence - none - that Revolutionary War
ancestor on whom the application was based was the correct person, except he
that he had the same first and last name as the true ancestor. The
submitter simply found a Revolutionary War veteran who happened to have the
same name and subimitted his name and regiment. Even before DNA testing, it
was obvious to anyone that this person was not proven. The DNA evidence
proved he was the wrong person.

I have no confidence in information maintained the DAR.