From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Y - haplogroup determination
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:51:28 -0400

Debbie,

you wrote:

>That is not entirely true. My Uncle's Haplogroup Test
>came back "Your mathces suggest that you belong to
>Haplogroup R1A. You may confirm that by ording a Y-DNA
>SNP test for the R1A clade or Haplogroup."

If you read carefully my entire message, I said that UNDER THE TAB
CALLED "Y-DNA DYS VALUES," it would say no haplogroup has been
determined. BUT, I ALSO said,

> That's a completely different matter from what it says under the
> Haplogroup tab. There, you may find a mesage such as:
>
> " Haplogroup Test: your matches suggest that you belong to Haplogroup
> R1b. You may confirm that by ordering a Y-DNA SNP test for the R1b
> clade or Haplogroup."

As you can see, I there pointed out that FTDNA did write that the
person's matches suggest that they belong to a certain haplogroup.

The problem is when a customer looking at the Y-DNA DYS Values tab,
sometimes assumes that FTDNA has no idea and has made no suggestion of
what their haplogroup might be, because they haven't noticed what it
says under the Haplogroup tab.

Bonnie

This thread: