From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Is your heritage in your feet?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:07:53 -0700 (PDT)

Woah folks. This is all sounding like pseudo - science - such as the long discredited phrenology.

I too have the classic "Roman foot". I am not about to jump to any conclusions about ancestry based on this single finding. What about Native North Americans - were they tested? Genetically I am more NA than Roman (especially since most "Roman" soldiers in Britain were conscripts from the Continent). There is also a single study attempting to link finger length profiles with sexual orientation in women. I really don't know what to make of this study either.

At this stage I am not going to get any more excited about my "Roman foot" than I am about my "Anatoli bump" (which is quite pronounced). I await further evidence.

David F.

OrinWells <> wrote:
At 12:33 AM 10/13/2003 -0400, wrote:

>Turns out that my feet, and those of my family are more nearly like the
>Roman foot, while my husband's look more like the Saxon or the Neolithic feet!

Fascinating. My feet are also like the Roman foot. I also noticed that
the little toe on the left foot is noticeably longer than on the right
foot. From this it would seem to indicate that my English ancestors had
some Roman blood inserted somewhere along the millennia. I am going to
have to look more closely at this with our project as we have numerous
different DNA lines.

The next question is whether this is passed down from the male, the female
or (as is likely the case) sort of random selection between the two
parents. When you say "those of my family" do both your parents have the
same pattern? Do you have adult children? If so which do they "take after"?

Orin R. Wells
Wells Family Research Association
P. O. Box 5427
Kent, Washington 98064-5427

http://www.wells.org
Subscribe to the "Wells-L" list on RootsWeb

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: