From: "Lowe DNA" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:04:47 -0600

David...

I am glad you joined us....as no one has mentioned "Mormons" yet as we all
concur that the Mormon Church is a Godsend to us genealogists and I would
not presume to slight any of our cousins who belong to this wonderful
Church.. But as I understand it this is a DNA testing project is a private
venture and not attached to BYU or the Mormon Church or its members.....

My point....is that this is a one-sided project as I noted to Orin.....you
put your sample in the black box and nothing comes back to the submitter....

Why question, is this an altruistic effort by a company to gather 100,000
sample and pay for each the entire lot without consideration of any return
on their investment....and then "sit on" this information and the family
lineage information for their own research purposes...... Permission form or
no permission form....who is going to use this group information, for what
purposes, and will it benefit us, or be used to screen us......

Their website, as you commented below, does not state the end uses of this
data and who it will be shared with as a group... ...and until this is the
case...I shall continue to challenge this project....

Bill