From: "Louis" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Was it a dream? Haplogroup O
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:16:25 -0800

Fred,

This is Louis Loccisano. I was also tested as M175+ and LLY22-. You are
definately Haplogroup O and not Haplogropu N.

My guess is that the reason you are most closely related to Haplogroup N is
because of two factors: Not enough Haplogroup O men from Europe/Central
Asia are in the database (only the ones from East Asia) AND a factor called
"convergent evolution", where Haplogroup N and O by chance, over time, came
to have simililar STR values. BUT, because you have the M175+ mutation,
you are still Haplogroup O.

My guess is that your ancestor and mine came from the MONGOLS of CENTRAL
ASIA. Just my guess!

Louis Loccisano