From: "William Hurst" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DAVIDSON CLAN ORIGINS - MacPHERSON or COMYN
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:38:30 -0500

Hi Len and Doug and Janet and all,

You might have better luck with a small family than many of us have with our
large ones. Of course, according to Doug, that may be the wrong bunch of
COMYN anyway. I must confess an ulterior motice, as I have Cummins in my
ancestry - the Elizabeth Cummins whose mtDNA I found from 200 years ago. The
FTDNA surname search shows 2 Cummins and 2 Cummings, but they may be the
same two. So somebody start a Comyn/Cummins/Cummings project.

I also perked up when I saw Janet's mention of County Down, since I also
have a Scots-Irish ancestor from there.

Test everybody and let FTDNA sort them out! New slogan.

Excuse me, I have to go discuss a John W. Smith on another list. Found 4 in
one census in one small county. Feast or famine.

Bill Hurst

This thread: