From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] genotypes
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:28:48 -0500

Ken Nordtvedt wrote:

>That's precisely why text books warn of too many marriages of close cousins,
>or very small intermarrying populations. Many genetic disorders require
>homozygosity and pop up more frequently in such situations.

I'm sure all of us are very grateful to Ken for pointing out this
crucial news to us!

Did you all hear? We shouldn't marry our close cousins, because it's
genetically dangerous!

Gosh, I'm so glad we're now getting smart people like this on the list .
. . otherwise, how would we ever have known!

Now that it's apparent just how ignorant my grandparents were, would
anyone still find it interesting to look at this aspect of their DNA
Print results, as something that they can actually reveal, even though
the test may not be very useful for the things they advertise it for?

Bonnie

This thread: