From: Bob Boone <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] SURPRISE DNA RESULTS
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:13:51 -0500

Not so hard to understand . . . . If accurate, it indicates that the
earliest male ancestor in your direct line came from the same "population"
that now lives in Columbia. . . .

Spanish enslaved almost everyone they ran into, in the new world; many ended
up on the island colonies, if they survived the diseases that came with the
Spanish. South Carolina, initially colonized in 1670, particularly owes
much of its original stock, government, philosophy -- the essence of its
success -- to the inhabitants of Barbados who settled there (in
Barbados)beginning in about 1630. All the islands along the path from
Barbados to mainland America were trading stations -- pipelines where people
and products could move from one island to another. Barbados and Antigua,
particularly, fit into the past of Charleston residents that I'm
researching.

Alternativly, just south of Charleston were the spanish settlements in
"Florida", where local indians and a few english traders dealt in slaves --
members of enemy indian tribes, or anyone non-English,who was unlucky enough
to be "captured". . . .