From: Diane Graham <>
Subject: Interpreting
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:53:27 -0500

Good morning,

I sent this dna sample to DNA Heritage. The 43 markers for $199.00
package looked good to me. I have since picked up on a couple of
reasons why I might rather have sent my money to FTdna. Maybe yes,
maybe no? Never the less, these are the results.

DNA Heritage were fast. They had the sample on April 27, and I had
results on May 25. They have said they will "shortly send a report".
I have been doing my homework. I have spent the last few days at the
computer, trying to compare these results, and trying mightily to
understand. (I am cross eyed and fuzzy headed from the effort.)

Graham is a Scots surname but I find this ancestor in County Cork
Ireland in the 1700's.

I would so very much appreciate help from the list, to interpret what
this means. I understand that this is most likely R1b.

DYS19: 15
DYS385a: 11
DYS385b: 13
DYS388: 12
DYS389I: 13
DYS389II: 29
DYS390: 24
DYS391: 11
DYS392: 14
DYS393: 13
DYS425: 0
DYS426 : 12
DYS437: 15
DYS438: 12
DYS439: 12
DYS441: 13
DYS442: 12
DYS444: 12
DYS445: 12
DYS446: 13
DYS447: 25
DYS448: 18
DYS449: 30
DYS452: 11
DYS454: 11
DYS455: 11
DYS456: 17
DYS458: 17
DYS459a: 9
DYS459b: 10
DYS460: 11
DYS461: 11
DYS462: 11
DYS463: 22
DYS464a: 16
DYS464b: 16
DYS464c: 16
DYS464d: 17
DYS 570: 0
DYS 576: 0
DYS 607: 0
CDY a: 0
CDY b: 0
GATA A10: 12
GATA C4: 23
GATA H4: 13
GGAAT1B07: 10
YCAIIa: 19
YCAIIb: 23

Thank you for sharing any insights as to how to understand these markers.

Diane Graham

This thread: