From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] First Settlement of Norway?
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 19:57:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Mike:

If perchance your haplotype appeared in one of my participants with an aboriginal Shetland name (e.g., Jamieson), with DYS389i/ii = 13/29 I would conclude without any hesitation that this was a Norse signature. Without that provenance, and without more markers to put the icing on the cake, it would be difficult to rule out other interpretations (e.g., Danish Viking) - but Norse is clearly in the running.

David.

Mike Humphrey <> wrote:
David ...

I'm looking forward to seeing those 37 marker results! I'm enjoying this thread -
very interested in the post-LGM migrations into Scandinavia. My cousins & I
have I1a haploytpes, 3 of us match exactly at 25 markers, & there are no
other exact matches at 25 markers in any the of databases I've searched:
ystr, ysearch, ybase, or ftdna. Our near matches in ystr are mostly in Finland,
Norway, Sweden, Denmark, & Ukraine.

Our 389i,ii = {13,29}. This appears to be more characteristic of R1b, generally.
If I change our results to {12,28}, I find large numbers of matches.

Sporadic check while on vacation ...

Mike ...

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: