From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b Across Europe
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 01:38:02 -0700 (PDT)

Patrick:

Ann and others have made a clear point that we might as well be expecting Santa Claus to be coming as to hope that a to g is going to differentiate the majority of Europeans. Most are R1b3, and as far as I know there are very few in any of the a to g categories except one (where almost all Nothern Europeans cluster), and that unless you are a Basque or a Sardinian, this sub - grouping is going to be a major disappointment. Do you have any information which would provide more optomism? Thanks.

David F.

Patrick Guinness <> wrote:
List,

Not to take away from Ken's efforts, but Mark is right in respect of the Isles.

No doubt when the STR spreads in R1b3-a thru -g is known, we will be
able to say which STR is commonest to which R1b3 sub-group. More may
be discovered.

And then all the R1b3 mutation-maths sums will have to be redone, but
to a higher level of accuracy.

PG

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: