Subject: Re: [DNA] Is J often 19, 21 at YCAIIa,b?
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:41:08 +0000

There are major problems in the literature in relation to these markers Ken. The only paper to explore populations where J2 is likely is the Quintana - Murci et al., 1999 paper where for example among the Georgians of the Caucasus 15.6% have 19,23; 18.7% have 19,22; 25% have 19,21; and 14% have 20,20. This is useless for our purposes since these figures are not correlated to haplogroups.
If anyone knows of a paper that looks at YCAIIa,b in relation to haplogroup (other than for Norway), please post the details. Thanks.
David.

--
Dr. David K. Faux
P.O. Box 192