From: "Bernd Burgey" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] unexpected results
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:22:16 -0300

Straub has also and mainly the meaning of a straub= in old German
something like BUSH (Orthographisches Woerterbuch from 1880,Leipzig)
it also is in adj/attr. straeuben,= resisting
Straub= Bush, bushy./resistant, resisting
insted of shock headed, also shake headed (shaking his head: no no =
Resisting)

It is not a uncommon Family name in Germany
Regard
Bernard