From: "Bob Foster" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] RE: Western I1b Modal Structure
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:05:23 -0700

Ken,
Yes I think that it would help our knowledge if I take the SNP test for P41.
Let's find out if I am I1b1. I'll write you off list.
Bob

www.fosterdna.org

Ken wrote in part:
Bob, The first reason you don't have many matches would seem to be that I1b
is not common at all in Western Europe where most of the participants in
these databases had their ancestral roots. Finding 40 or so I1b haplotypes
out of about 10,000, which I did, makes this group rare outside of its
Balkans/Eastern Europe heartland.

Would you consider asking Trace Genetics to do a SNP test for P41 which
establishes subclade I1b1? This subclade sits there on the charts; it would
be nice to connect it with a discovered variety of haplotypes.

From your surname I assume your ancestral roots are somewhere in the British
Isles? I ask this because I put high priority on trying to find the
homeland of this Western form of I1b. Was it on the continent or even
conceivably on the British Isles? Of course if the latter, it had to get to
the Isles at some point --- either ancient prehistory times or with one of
the A.D. invasions/immigrations.

Ken

This thread: