From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b - or R*?
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:51:58 -0600

23/11 is the only variety clearly oriented toward the Anglo-Saxon area as
such. 23/10 is
present rather uniformly except for clearly falling off in percentage back
in France and Iberia, and a slight increase from average in Saxony,
Southeast Germany (reportedly settled by Saxons, hence the name), and maybe
increasing a bit in Scotland/Ireland.

It's average over Europe is about 10 percent of total R1b but is only 5
percent in France/Iberia. It maxs out in southeast Germany at 17 percent of
total R1b.

This is all based on YHRD database, of course, which should not distort
regional percentages but will distort all-Europe percentages.