From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b - or R*?
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:41:32 -0600

I don't understand this assertion that there are no "genetic cut-off lines"
in Europe. I guess it depends on what is meant, but there are some rather
sharp cut-offs of some (not all) haplogroups between Finland and Sweden. It
remains to be fully shown how steep the R1b/R1a transition line is in
Europe, and I believe the I1a/I1b line could be found to be rather sharp.

But from what I've seen of the DYS392, 393 = 13, 13 population in Central
Europe, whatever that represents it is well spread into all of Germany,
Scandinavia, as well as Franco-Iberia and British Isles.

Ken