From: ellen Levy <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] H6a1
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:34:09 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry:

Sorry - Guess I was unclear in my message. I had two
sub-clad tests done. One was H1*(my own) and the
other was H61a (my paternal grandmother. She is a
lively 94 years old). H61a seems much more definitive
than my own test results in that it is much more
restricted in terms of population distribution, but I
am confused by Loogvali's data.

The precursor to this sub-group (and H8 as well) is
found in Balkan/Turkish populations. H6 is found in
the Middle East, but apparently no where else (Yet).
Then H61 is found in Eastern Slavs, and H61a is found
in a number of populations, including French, though
seems to be particularly common in Eastern Europeans,
including Slovaks & Estonians, but no Eastern Slavs
per se. My grandmother's parents, both of whom were
Ashkenazi Jewish, hailed from Poland. I have no
matches in FTDNA's database.

Ellen Coffman