From: David Wilson <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1a1 - M17 as an Ancestral (circa 9000 YBP) NorthAmerican Lineage
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:37:20 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Interesting, but:

(1) Albinism;

(2) the Jamestown Colony was founded a century after the Columbian expeditions. That leaves ample time for unrecorded occasional social contact between Europeans and inhabitants of coastal North America.

Show me 10 lightly complected and blond indigenous individuals in as many locations at about the same time, and I'll pay attention. One is just a curiosity.

More cynical than usual this morning,

David Wilson