Subject: Re: [DNA] MRCA = 800 AD
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:05:55 +0000

Thomas:

That would be grand - imagine if they actually "matched" (meaning not exact but close enough based on the number of generations that separate them).

The Sinclair numbers are on my Shetland website:
www.davidkfaux.org/shetlandislandsY-DNA.html

I have Jean's 25 markers on file for comparison when you can obtain a DNA sample from your relative. He claims descent also from Ragnvald. I will try to convince him to upload his data to Ysearch and Ybase. Perhaps having these two other alleged descendants in the male line will spur things on at your end.

David F.

> David,
>
> Eystein, aka "The Noisy", Jarl of Glumra is supposed to be the son of Ivar,
> Earl of the Upplands. Eystein and his son Ragnvald Eysteinsson were also the
> ancestors of my paternal grandmother's maternal grandfather. I do not have
> anything on my files about his son Oulry, but Eystein was also listed as the
> father of Sigurd Eysteinsson, Earl of Orkney.
>
> Have been trying without success to convince a relative of mine who is a
> 33rd generation male line descendent of Eystein's line to provide me a
> sample. Am confident I will eventually succeed, but he is an older fellow
> and is very uneasy of having his "DNA on file" somewhere.
>
> I would ceratinly be interested in the Y-STR results that you have for the
> two lines descended from Eystein, and if I am ever successful in getting a
> DNA sample from him, will let you know the results for comparison.
>
> Thomas Nix

This thread: