Subject: Re: [DNA] MRCA = 800 AD
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:56:18 EST

In a message dated 12/28/04 2:42:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> so looking at this chart if my kids dad has 10/13 on
> a/b then it's also considered pretty rare? He doesn't
> seem to match anyone there... (if he matches on
> others).

Values which are rare in one haplogroup can be common in another haplogroup.
That's why we can estimate haplogroups using haplotypes. But looking at
http://yhrd.org, which pools data from many haplogroups more-or-less in proportion
to their overall frequency, your values are rare any way you cut it: 75 cases
out of 17214, or .004.

http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/other/DNA/GENEALOGY-DNA.html

This thread: