Subject: Re: [DNA] MRCA = 800 AD
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:56:18 EST

In a message dated 12/28/04 2:42:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,

> so looking at this chart if my kids dad has 10/13 on
> a/b then it's also considered pretty rare? He doesn't
> seem to match anyone there... (if he matches on
> others).

Values which are rare in one haplogroup can be common in another haplogroup.
That's why we can estimate haplogroups using haplotypes. But looking at, which pools data from many haplogroups more-or-less in proportion
to their overall frequency, your values are rare any way you cut it: 75 cases
out of 17214, or .004.