From: "Jim Huston" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Huguenot DNA?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:19:27 -0500

New Rochelle, NY was founded as a Huguenot community. I bet if you're
looking for a list of Huguenot names, a history of New Rochelle would
provide a good start. My ancestors, Daniel and Charlotte Le Maistre
Streing, were among the founders. Unfortunately, I don't have a New
Rochelle history myself. Within a couple of years they moved on to Rye,
where they spent the rest of their lives.

>From: "Chris" <>
>Subject: Re: [DNA] Huguenot DNA?
>Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:21:31 -0000
>
>I suppose the trick is to look for those surnames which are known to be
>huguenot. I just had a look at Worldfamilies.net. I noticed Jarvis, Uzzell
>& Petitt. To my knowledge these are all huguenot origin.

This thread: