From: "Daniel Jenkins" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Huguenot DNA?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:17:26 +0000

William ,

Do you have a website for your Harvey research? There were several
Jenkins/Harvey marriages in the Folkstone and Coldred areas of Kent. I am of
the belief that my Jenkins line at Bethersden 1500-1600s is connected to the
Jenkins of Folkstone who go back to a William Jenkyn born 1488 at Folkstone.
Two of his grandaughters married Harveys. One; Rose Jenkins b1559 dau. of
Henry Jenkins b 1525, and wife Margaret , married a Robert Harvey. Henry and
Margaret are buried at St. Pancras , Coldred. Two; Juliane Jenkins b1552
dau. of William Jenkins b1518 married a Thomas Harvye. I have
unsuccessfully been trying to find male Jenkins descs. of this Jenkins line
for Y-DNA testing. Berry's Pedigree for this line is quite extensive. The
ONS database shows 58,986 Jenkins , rank 97 and the base Ann Turner
mentioned shows that Jenkins ranks 83rd in the USA. Amazed I can't link up
to a descendant. Will look at Harvey results a FTDNA.

Dan Jenkins