From: John Carr <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] I1c and Testing Labs
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 07:58:07 -0800

Ken, couldn't they just get the minimum DNA Heritage 23 marker test
that includes the additional markers not tested by FTDNA. DNA Heritage
allows you to select which markers to test, but does have a minimum
number. Perhaps you could which 23 would be most meaningful. Just a
thought.

John Carr

On Feb 18, 2005, at 8:26 AM, Ken Nordtvedt wrote:

> In connection with the several new markers in Sorenson's experimental
> database, markers which show different modalities for the two
> varieties of I1c, only two of them are included in FTDNA's 37 marker
> panel. They all are available with DNA Heritage and perhaps Relative
> Genetics complete marker panel tests.
>
> If any of the surname projects have several I1c haplotypes included in
> their collection, I would recommend having one participant in each I1c
> cluster have the DNA Heritage 43 marker test performed. You can then
> better discriminate which variety of I1c the cluster belongs to.
>
> Ken

This thread: