GENEALOGY-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2005-02 > 1109004501

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 13, 16 at DYS 385a,b
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:48:21 -0700
References: <022120051630.28390.421A0C8B0000D8B500006EE622070009539B0708990C0A0B0B@comcast.net>

No, I was just giving the biggest neighboring subclade populations.
Southern Sweden is populated by a a very large number of the 14, 22, 13, 14.
So in a sense they are probably what you describe, proto "Anglo Saxon[s] who
didn't go off to England but instead went to Scandinavia [much earlier]".
This type got to Norway and Finland in much smaller numbers.

14, 23, 13, 16 is just off the haplotype beaten path. Another key marker
that might give a good clue about what this unusual haplotype mutated from
is DYS 462 which you will only have if you had a DNA Heritage or Relative
Genetics test or are in the Sorenson database. DYS 462 = 13 would suggest
you were an ancient 14, 23 and the 13, 16 wandered off.. But 13, 16 is a
long way from 14, 14 or 14, 15 which are the dominant types going with 14,
22 at DYS 19, 390. I would guess the more likely is DYS 462 = 12. DYS 462
is a big divide in Scandinavian I1a.

Ken

> > 22 at DYS 385a,b. This is not surprising because 14, 22, 13, 14 (The
> > "Anglo-Saxon motif in Britain" is the largest population within I1a at
those
> > four markers (DYS 19, 390, 385a,b). The 13/ 15 was running at about 25
> > percent of the 13, 14. That 13, 15 population would be big enough that
a
> > 13, 16 should pop up on occasion.
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > > From: <>
> > > To: <>
> > > Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 8:44 AM
> > > Subject: Re: [DNA] 13, 16 at DYS 385a,b
> > >
> > >
> > > > I had my husband's dna run again for SNP to confirm that he is "I"
even
> > > > > DYS 385a,b = 15, 15 is fairly common for I2 a.k.a. I1c. The
person
> > with
> > > the
> > > > > 14, 15 was from haplogroup I1a in which DYS 385a,b = 14, 15 is a
> > strong
> > > > > indicator of being from a Norse variety of that haplogroup.
There
> > > could be
> > > > > two objective and distinct types of DYS 385a,b = 14, 15 I1a. Only
> > > future
> > > > > measurements will tell.
> > > > >
> > > > > Ken
> > > > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > > > From: "Bernard Burgey" <>
> > > > > To: <>
> > > > > Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 8:00 AM
> > > > > Subject: Re: [DNA] somewhat off topic?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > Ken,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > in my "I2" case it's 15/15 at 385 ,either way.
> > > > > > Makes this a analysis or opinion harder or easier?
> > > > > > From where the heck got I transplanted?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Regards
> > > > > > Bernard
> > > > > >
> > > > > > ---- Original Message -----
> > > > > > From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
> > > > > > To: <>
> > > > > > Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 5:28 PM
> > > > > > Subject: Re: [DNA] somewhat off topic?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > south shore of the Baltic. These "deep" ancestral lines may
have
> > > > > reached
> > > > > > > you via Britain by way of the historic immigrants/invaders
from
> > the
> > > > > > > previously mentioned places.
> > > > > > >
> > >
> > ==============================
> > View and search Historical Newspapers. Read about your ancestors, find
> > marriage announcements and more. Learn more:
> > http://www.ancestry.com/s13969/rd.ashx
> ==============================
> Census images 1901, 1891, 1881 and 1871, plus so much more.
> Ancestry.com's United Kingdom & Ireland Collection. Learn more: