From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 385a,b values (gum ample)
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:19:33 -0700

David, Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, when you say your
result was the "reverse of the 11, 13 value pair reported by FTDNA", your
next two sentences sentences must be remembered as part of your message.
There is no "error" being corrected; FTDNA's report was just a convention to
report the short then long segment which until Dr. Krahn's lab capability
came along was all that was measured for us consumers.

The last thing I want to be is pedantic, but I want to make sure people
don't think there is a revolutionary error in their past reports. We now
have capability of acquiring NEW knowledge --- the actual order in the
chromosome of the two numbers at DYS 385a,b (and in principle YCAIIa,b,
459a,b, .... I presume).

Ken