From: "Peter Bailey" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genealogy and DNA LIMITATIONS: Understanding exactly how tests reinforce folk ideologies.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:45:46 -0000

Whit & David,

I am most grateful to you for the time that you have taken to consider my
case. You may understand, however, that I am still just a little confused
and shall lurk on the list a little longer to try to get to grips with the
jargon, etc.

So, although somewhat disappointed that my 10th century ancestry is now in
doubt, I must save up for further testing. Could I trouble you a bit further
and ask you to suggest which test I should best request to sort myself out?
It looks as if FTDNA is a good bet, but, if M17 is not advised (whatever
that means!), should I request M something else?

I should add that my OA test was made just about two years ago and, quite
evidently, science has marched on apace since then and will surely continue
to do so.

With best wishes - Peter Bailey